Home |  About |  Contact

RECENT OBITUARIES

Our History

Sidney A. Jones Funeral Home was founded in 1936 by Sidney A. Jones Sr., a prominent entrepreneur, who had a passion for the funeral industry.

Mr. Jones operated the funeral home from its original location, 511 W. Waldburg Street, Savannah, GA., until the Urban Renewal Act (URA). The URA forced the firm to relocate to its present location in the historic district of Savannah, GA at 124 W. Park Avenue.

The firm was operated by Mr. Jones until his death in 1978. After which his wife, Carolyn B. Jones, continued the legacy as t he leading African American Funeral Home in Savannah, GA. Mrs. Jones continued the operation until her retirement.

In October 2006, upon retirement she sold the funeral home to David L. Campbell Sr., whom she trained for 14 years. Mr. Campbell was employed by Carolyn B. Jones fresh out of high school in September 1979. Mrs. Jones always valued the business as an “Institution with a Soul.”

Mr. Campbell to this day continues the business as family owned and operated with his wife, Dorothy Campbell; sons, David Jr. and Donovan Campbell, and during summer breaks from college, his only daughter, Davida Janae Campbell. Mr. Campbell looks forward to his two granddaughters, Davianna and Sydnei Campbell as the third generation to Sidney A. Jones and Campbell Funeral Services.

Also apart of the family is his two brothers, Frank and Bruce A. Campbell; sister-in-law, Barbara Horton Smalls; Funeral Director,Embalmer,and Pre-Need Counselor, LaToya M. Kelly-Murray,and apprentices, Warren Drayton and LeJoy Dobson-Campbell.